Amalie L. Tuffin
Amalie works with emerging growth companies in a variety of industries, focusing on the corporate and tax-related issues entrepreneurs face. Utilizing creative problem-solving and practical solutions, she guides her clients through all types of matters, including equity and other financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, day-to-day corporate matters and employment issues. Amalie joined the firm after practicing with Whitmeyer Tuffin, the RTP technology law firm of Daniels Daniels & Verdonik and the Boston firm of Peabody & Arnold.
Amalie is a member of the American Bar Association and the North Carolina Bar Association, and previously served as an adjunct instructor in the paralegal program at Durham Technical Community College. She writes regularly on tax and other legal issues affecting entrepreneurial companies.
Recognition, Affiliations & Memberships
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2019-2020
- Former Board Member, Healing Transitions
- 2011 Women Extraordinaire by Business Leader Magazine
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite, 2012, 2016
- Reviewer, Middle Market M&A: Handbook for Investment Banking and Business Consulting (Marks, Slee, Blees and Nall)
- LL.M., Tax, Boston University School of Law, 1996
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1992
- B.A., with honors, Harvard University, 1989
- North Carolina