W. Ken Maready
W. Ken Maready
Ken serves as Of Counsel to Hutchison’s corporate practice group and has more than 17 years of experience working with founders, management, boards of directors and investors of technology companies, primarily in connection with M&A, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Angel & Startup activity.
Ken graduated Magna Cum Laude from Wake Forest University School of Law, where he focused on corporate, securities, tax and business law while serving as Editor-in-Chief of the Wake Forest Law Review. After law school, he practiced corporate and transactional law in Charlotte, D.C. and the Research Triangle Park before moving to the New River Valley area of Virginia. He has worked with large, national law firms, boutique firms and in-house as General Counsel for a venture-backed company.
Ken is a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Committee and the Private Equity & Venture Capital Committee of the Business Section of the American Bar Association, and is active in the Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council, co-chairing its Access to Capital Committee.
Recognition, Affiliations & Memberships
- Co-chair of the Access to Capital Committee, Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council
- Venture Capital & Private Equity Committee of the Business Section of the ABA
- Co-author, Biotechnology and the Law (American Bar Association, 2019)
- J.D., magna cum laude, Wake Forest University, 1997
- Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review
- B.A., Wake Forest University, 1992
- North Carolina