Hutchison recognizes and appreciates the importance of brand identity in building a successful business. We regularly assist over 160 clients with branding and trademarks, guiding them on selecting, registering, maintaining and enforcing their trademark rights and in implementing their marketing strategies. Our experienced attorneys presently manage over 800 trademark records in the U.S. and internationally.
Our trademark and marketing law services include:
- Performing preliminary and full clearance searches of proposed trademarks
- Preparing and prosecuting applications to register trademarks
- Counseling on the proper use of trademarks, including the preparation of trademark use guidelines
- Developing and implementing trademark enforcement strategies, including through use of trademark watch services, opposition and cancellation proceedings, cease and desist letters and arbitration procedures (UDRP) for domain names
- Drafting and negotiating domain name transfer agreements
Our team of trademark professionals includes two trademark attorneys and one trademark administrator, with more than 40 years of combined experience in the trademark field. Through our extensive network of foreign affiliates, we are able to manage international trademark portfolios and coordinate worldwide trademark protection strategies in a seamless manner. We also utilize a state-of-the-art trademark docket system to support our practice.
Most of our trademark services are provided on a fixed-fee basis, providing predictable cost and efficient service to our clients. Our trademark professionals are active in leading trademark and intellectual property organizations, including the International Trademark Association, and lecture on trademark law at nationally-ranked law schools.